Monday, June 20, 2011

Fregate Island- Seychelles

Somehow this is one of my favourite places on Earth. And I say somehow because I've never actually been there. I don't know how I came across it. I think I was browsing through Google Images' results for "island". Or I may have come across it in a magazine or something. But why I like it is because as soon as I saw the pictures, they immediately matched with my mental image of an island retreat. 


You see, when I imagined an island villa, I imagined an elevated platform in the bedroom for the bed, with light wooden flooring, and a four poster bed with white net curtains. The bed is at a 45-degree angle from the window/balcony which opens up onto an azure sea.


And the first picture I saw of Fregate was just that. 


I'm always running around from one place to the next, rushing through most of my day that my ideal retreat is a deserted island. I want to wake up when the sun rises and sleep when it sets. I want to sit around doing absolutely nothing apart from swimming and fishing. And maybe reading or watching a movie. And yes, I don't want to cook. Well, not too much. I want to be brought gourmet meals on a well-set table and I want to eat on the beach with candles lit up and the waves gently lapping at my feet. 


Well, actually don't we all want something like that?


So let me share with you Fregate Island. OK, I don't really know how it's pronounced... I say fre-ga-tay.. maybe it's free-gayt. Anyways fre-ga-tay sounds a lot better. 


Here's the website, just look at those pictures http://www.fregate.com/en/home/. According to Wikipedia, it's only 2.19 square kilometers.








No comments:

Post a Comment